1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite science subject, and why?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Snowy, Sep 21, 2017.

What is your favorite science subject?

1. Chemistry

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Biology

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Physics

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. For me, I would probably say I like Biology more than any other science subject, because I don't like having to handle dangerous chemicals like in Chemistry or doing a ton of mathematics like in both Chemistry and Physics, especially in Physics.

2. Qsljic

Qsljic Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    My favorite would be Biology also, i like to learn stuff about animals,peoples and plants, i remmember when we used to learn about a human body that was the interesting subject so far.

3. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Mine has to be Chemistry specially about Periodic table I still remember our written exams writing their Chemical names also adding thr charges.

4. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Chemistry, because I can say all of the Periodic Table! :D (And I like chemicals and experiments, of course.)

5. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I gotta say chemistry but i like biology too!!! I find it cool to know about the chemical properties of stuff and how you can combine them etc..

6. I remember reciting the Periodic table of elements periodically during 8th grade to help me memorize them, and I would even go above and beyond the elements that my teachers would tell students to memorize. I can still recite most of them. I would sometimes even try to learn why certain elements are called what they are.

I think it's nice, when you can experiment with stuff in chemistry. It's kind of fun, but I'm usually passive when it comes to experimenting since you do have to proceed with caution. I have seen very nice reactions though.

7. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It has to be Physics for me, I like using formulas. Once you understand it then you're all good.
    Im not a fan of memorizing a lot of terms thats why I dont like biology. Chemistry is hard for me but surprisingly I get the highest mark on it among them. Looking back, I actually spent a lot of time in chemistry as I find it hard but I end up learning the most from it. But still not a fan.

8. Physics isn't so bad, but it just seems like applied mathematics within a science setting. Now I do enjoy learning some mathematics, but using it in physics applications, it's not so much of my thing. Now I agree that you probably won't have to memorize as much as you do in other science courses like biology. I even think physics could be a more useful subject than the other science courses since it can help explain everyday stuff.

9. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    biology, it makes me think and feel about the future

10. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i dont like science :-(

11. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hahaha biology, i guess

12. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Physics, particle and hydrophysics are awesome stuff to learn. Had a bit of crash course in quatum but it became too advanced too quick for me so nah.

13. Kostas Vlassis

Kostas Vlassis Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
  14. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Maybe physics, I don't really like any of them though.

15. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Computer science cause it has more to do with programming or web designing and also the process of setting up computer networks or troubleshooting.

16. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Physics cuz it's dope to learn how the universe works. I'm also interested in hyperspace and spacetime. I dont really understand most of the math that is done in physics but it's still cool to understands the different types of theories.

17. It can be confusing sometimes, because you end up using a lot of different variables, and you start wondering which is which. Some are pretty obvious like a being acceleration and g being gravity, because the first letter pretty much says it all, but then you start seeing symbols like η and ψ and start wondering what those even mean in the context of the problem.

But one thing I don't like about physics is conversion. Sometimes the problem has one variable in centimeters and you have to have the final answer in meters, but that's not too bad as long as you remember what the prefixes mean. And if you forget to convert, then you get the wrong answer. But I think it's a bit worse when you have to juggle between the metric system and the imperial system, but in most cases, you deal with metric.

But of all the sciences, I often hear that the most frustrating science is organic chemistry, unless you have extremely amazing memorization skills.

18. Sepherus96

Sepherus96 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I didn't pay much attention but I liked mixing things together

19. Then chemistry would probably fit that description the most. But generally, you would want to pay attention to the things that you are doing, especially the things you're mixing (for instance, you would not want to mix sodium hypochlorite with ammonia), but I don't think schools and institutions would just set out chemicals that can mix into dangerous compounds. I think chemistry requires a lot of attention, because you do need to balance equations and do problem-solving to figure out results.