1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp Out Now

Discussion in 'Mobile Online Games' started by Aaddron, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Here's the trailer for the F2P Animal Crossing Pocket Camp from Nintendo.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I've now put a decent amount of time into this game and I've quite enjoyed it. Be warned I do have a bit of a bias towards all things Animal Crossing but I do genuinely feel it's a decent mobile game. It's a very time waste heavy and lacks substance of full fledged games but as a time killing mobile game you can do much much worse. I'm also hoping given Fire Emblem Heroes has gotten good post launch support that maybe this one will evolve with time too.

That said, it does really lack a lot of the charm of Animal Crossing. You don't get that same leisure and hang out with the villagers feel, you can't really just chat with them. Also a AC game without a museum is just weird and it's hole is sorely felt. Collecting isn't the core of this game... well collecting materials is but the actual items and stuff are vital to leveling so instead of collecting what you like it's a game of collecting mats to craft what you need to progress.

The game really doesn't give you enough extra to go off and do what you want without hurting progression. It's kinda a shame, I'd love to do up my RV and camp but then I can't get what I need to level up without a lot more grind. Instead I'm spending my stuff on crap I don't want but need to progress and will never use again after. It's kinda silly.

Anyways /novel I've enjoyed it and haven't felt pressured to spend any money. As a AC fan it's a nice little new thing to do while painfully waiting the long awaited next game in the series. An just maybe it will have a tie in with the game so that'd be nice too.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's alright, but I think the game is a bit grindy for a mobile game; personally I think Animal Crossing: New Horizons is worth the better experience.