1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Maps that could use a redesign

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Are there any maps in AQ3D that you think could use a redesign or touch up?

I wouldn't redesign the map, but I think the signs in Battleon could be made better. From a distance the text on the signs on buildings are blurry.

2. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    probably all the maps up to doom tower could use some touch ups to be up to par with the new maps :)

3. I think Battleon could still be redesigned. It isn't as open-world as I would like to see it as, because Yulgar's Inn is blocking the center of town and players can no longer climb up certain spots whereas they could have previously. I understand that the AQ3D team doesn't want players in places they don't intend players to be, but I actually like the idea of more freedom and more open-world. I'd even like to climb up buildings. In addition, I think the band in Yulgar's Inn would be better placed in Battleon because it would feel like there's a "live" performance.

There's also Yulgar's Inn which could use improvements. The inn is too cramped, so it could be expanded a bit. Of course, the seats should be usable like in Boog's Tavern. Now I don't think Yulgar's Inn should top Boog's Cavern, because I actually like the idea of having Boog's Cavern be more popular than Yulgar's Inn.

Some dungeon maps can also be redesigned. For instance, Umbral Caves has little pits that players can soft-lock themselves, if they try climbing up in certain parts of the dungeon. There's even the Mogloween dungeon which could be redesigned in a way where monsters are bugged in combat when players are attacking them. Finally, the layout of Frostval could be improved, so that the monsters can be easy to track; I remember having to back track though the dungeon several times because the monsters were behind spawn and nobody checked behind them.

There are probably other areas that may need to be redesigned, but not as significant, but it would be neat to see more environment. For instance, some areas like Greenguard and Battleon could use some environmental effects. I know there's environmental effects in places like Doomwood (rain) and Ashfall (little ember particles), but seeing more environment effects would add more details to some areas in the game.

4. valkangel

Credit:
    frostval dungeons give me headaches... It was why I didn't continue crafting the yettun horns

5. Adam1a1

Adam1a1 MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular
    1. AQ3DMemes Followers

Credit:
    heartwood forest needs one, it still has old bushed, NPCs are low quality texture-wise and it looks not unique

6. Thorxus

Thorxus BamBam New Ogre

Credit:
    The Bank's floor should definetely be fixed. Those pixels aren't very appealing.

7. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Definitely Heartwood Forest. Other area's are okay IMHO.

8. UberDerp

UberDerp Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I say the guardian tower and or doomwood

9. -John-

-John- Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I think upper firefields could be a bit more new player friendly (strictly as far as layout, but don't get me wrong it's fine and fully functional)

10. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Maybe the bridge? Its kinda ugly tho and also the skulltower's lobby

11. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I hope they finish Battleon soon, and maybe rework the the inn to be bigger like the one in Darkovia

12. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I was thinking of Tower Pass when they make the thunder mountain map based on the concept that AE made (Idk who draw that concept.)can someone tell me?

13. What comes to my mind, especially for Ashfall maps, is that lava should make you die in combat, or damage you like how the coal place in Boog's Tavern damages you. It just seems awkward respawning back to the spawn instantly, and it makes it easier to complete quests when the player is farm away.

I actually like the bridge as it is. The monsters aren't spread apart which means that it's easier to farm there. It can be difficult for players to reach the boss area though.

I think either Dage or Thyton drew Thunder Mountain. Thyton tends to sketch out ideas, maybe even paint them, but Dage does most of the art. Since the Thunder Mountain concept came from Dage's Twitter, if might have been Dage who made the concept art.

14. valkangel

Credit:
    Some dungeons should be redesigned as well

15. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Yep, i do agree that some of them should be updated because they feel outdated. I would also like to see Heartwood Forest get updated considering Greenwood got updated as well!

16. valkangel

Credit:
    Well they did say they are redesigning everything so im remaining optimistic!

17. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    How bout the skulltower's lobby?

18. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Skulltower lobby is good, if you ask me. I don't think it needs a redesign, but if AE decides to do a full revamp with Doomwood (which will be happening hopefully), Skulltower lobby might get a redesign. I think that it's at a good spot, but i don't mind a redesign either.

19. valkangel

Credit:
    Ahhh skulltower lobby... Fun times...

20. I don't think Heartwood would get updated, because it isn't really a significant place. If you think about places such as Greenguard, Doomwood, Yulgar's Inn, Battleon, etc., you begin to realize that those places are quite significant. Now I could imagine Doomwood and Yulgar's Inn getting updated.

Shatterskull/Shadowskull Tower Lobby's a popular place. A lot of people hang out there, so I think it's deserving for a map redesign to be considered. My question is, why does the lobby need to be redesigned? It's a fairly big map already with a lot of space, especially for a lobby.