1. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Triple Triad forum dupes - please ignore

Discussion in 'Triple Triad' started by vyeh, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
  2. Glorious

Glorious DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    we can use aki's thread as LB suggested, but i think it might get a little messy there.
    if you decide to make a separate thread for rankings, i would be more than willing to run it and keep it neat.​

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This has been somewhat unofficial for years. Usually a similar response is given by PM. However, it needs to be stated at least once in a thread. If you have stopped posting for whatever reason, please do not ask for a special game or card. Besides not being good for other members who are active, there have been quite a few cases of cards or games bought based on suggestions and then never claimed. If you really want something, stay active or be active again and then ask. It will have a chance of being fulfilled:).

4. Glorious

Credit:
    he's probably available to add to your minecraft world via mods.​

5. Glorious

Credit:
    that's the point of minecraft, you make your own goals...but it does get boring. i wanted to make this big structure but i got kinda bored now...​

6. shaki997

shaki997 MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Why visit this sub forum if you hate DotA?
    I understand and respect everyone having their opinions but why ask people on the DotA section if they hate it they wouldnt be there if they hated it.
    personaly i love DotA and along with LOL they are my favorite games.

7. TheGamerVex

TheGamerVex Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Grand Theft Auto III — the third part of a legendary series at last on Android

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  8. Fendorian

Fendorian Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Its awesome, i aleady play GTA VC on my tab :D

9. TheGamerVex

TheGamerVex Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Herobrine is the subject of a community-made "creepy-pasta" (creepy story). He is one of the major community icons of Minecraft. Herobrine has not been present in any version of Minecraft. :bucktooth:

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I like quotes and figured we could have a thread on the here:). One of my all time favorites is

"In Italy, for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had 500 years of democracy and peace - and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Orson Welles

11. Peyp

Peyp The Noblesse The Pit

Credit:
    Let me see... I started playing games that were RPG genre with Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and few MMORPGs which are in core all the same. Is Baldur's Gate anything close to ES series? If it is I get the rough idea.
    I never played Diablo, but I've seen bits of it on YouTube, curiosity eh, same for Dungeons and Dragons, so can't really say much from it.

Kinda reminds me of otome games now that I think of it. :wacky:

Roughly I'd say Diablo is more of an action game then RPG and D&D is logic-board game, at least to me, but I actually think it needs it's own genre.

That definition would remove about 90% of games that are know as RPG.

I always thought of RPG games as games that lets you choose what kind of character you want to role-play as and then trying to make it perfect (be it by talents, gear, professions), let you do stuff in more then one way (Questing/Grinding/doing dungeons, whatever).
    Yes they make you follow story-line and you have to lvl up in most of them (all?) but that's so you can progress at that role-playing, like you can't be child forever in rl either...
    I'm actually close-minded on this: as long as I have vast world to explore and can do it as I like, I'll consider it role-playing. As an example, in Assassin Creed you role-play as assassin, but you have more then one way to kill a target and you have more objectives than that so I'd say it's not mindlessly killing stuff. and I get to see bunch of places while I'm at it.
    In Skyrim you play as mage/rouge, actually nvm, you can be all at once, I ended up mostly swords-woman but I could choose if I want to do missions or just mindlessly go around the freking world and kill stuff.
    MMORPGs are kinda the same as that, you just get to grind more and have bunch of peeps doing the same as you do.

Anyways, what about forum role-playing games? Those are RPGs, so basically as long as you pretend/play as something you're not it's RPG?

12. Fendorian

Fendorian Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Sona is better if u play with adc who is stronger in late game... she have that sustain with heal a some nice poke with Q + she have that late game stun, she is pretty strong now :D

13. FrendlyLeBlanc

FrendlyLeBlanc King of Shadows and Rockets The Pit

Credit:
    I played GTa III and vice sity on my tablet also :D Great games yes :)

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The idea here was mainly to rank those participating in GameOgre tournaments:). The need is to increase participation while discouraging noshows. Ivek has good suggestions though. It could indeed be a leaderboard with a medal. It could also grow and do some creative things with it:).

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I pmed the one mentioned above and he agreed to stop. Can somebody else PM the new ones?

16. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I can't seem to find Furymaker in Members list... If anybody else can PM him that would be great.

17. VannaVIktor

VannaVIktor Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    ''Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.''

Abraham Lincoln

18. Korni

Korni DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Live a virtual life, surviving, you build the house, eat and feed the animals.

19. Glorious

Credit:
    thanks for pinching in peyp, your opinion is always welcome. when i was younger i thought i had a clear idea of what an RPG is, but i think that somewhere along the line we have blurred out the borders that clearly define it and now all sorts of game can pass as RPG. i have no idea anymore...
    at least i know that baldur's gate is an RPG regardless of the definition, it is based on d&d which has rolling dices for stuff, you get to create your character and advance in level, you get to make your party from people you meet on your travels, you get to explore the land, dungeons, and stuff, gather treasure, do quests, everything!​

20. Garagos

Garagos Clubbed for Chat Rage

Credit:
    Better are Braum and Leona...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.