1. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

anyone have idea about SMS payment?

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by rtkwar, Mar 3, 2015.

1. rtkwar

rtkwar Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:

i want to know if i have website that offer service or product , how i can make clients pay by SMS
    anyone have idea?

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  3. DoomGuard

DoomGuard Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    This is a great question... Would like to know more about this myself! :)

4. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    you need a payment provider for that. If you're using a CMS like wordpress, drupal, or magento, there are some plugins for that. You need to register for that payment provider and you need a bank account to accept the payment. Most of the providers do charge a percentage of the income derived of payments via their system.

5. From my experience, Stripe is the best option for SMS payments. A lot of well-established sites use it, such as the social media X which uses Stripe to pay its content creators. Outside of traditional payment, I believe Stripe even allows crypto payment.

Personally I'm not a fan of Wordpress and other content management systems because of some limitations and the fact that many Wordpress sites tend to have poor SEO rankings. But if you're building a web app from scratch, you can look for the NPM package for Stripe and use their API for your web server.