1. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

EpicDuel - Free PVP MMORPG for your browser

Discussion in 'Browser Games' started by pvPlease, Mar 18, 2009.

1. pvPlease

pvPlease Ogre Newling

Credit:
    If you're still searching for PvP, give this game a shot... EpicDuel.

It's brand new and the developers are working hard to update it. Basically, it's a free PVP MMORPG for the web-browser, create a custom character, purchase weapons, and battle other players online.

Climb the leader board and join the community, it's pretty addicting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
  2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Your game is about to be added to our directory but don't mess it up by spamming several forums ok? BTW, a screenshot would be nice:).

3. pvPlease

pvPlease Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Thanks very much.

I'll discontinue any additional posting. I actually did attempt to post a banner and screens but unfortunately I received a message preventing links since I'm a new user.

I think I have enough posts to add images now :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I just meant posting the same thing in multiple forums. You can post all that you want in this thread:). Some of our visitors may have questions for you.

5. dapperdan

dapperdan Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Is it strictly PvP?

I'm a big believer in PvP but most of the free pvp browser games i find are text based... have you ever tried to play a text based game?

yuck.

6. pvPlease

pvPlease Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hey Dapper,

EpicDuel has a PvP focus, but the developers are working hard to add single-player features as well, including the mini-games, and co-op against NPCs.

EpicDuel is far from a text based game ... :)

Thanks.

7. dapperdan

dapperdan Ogre Newling

Credit:
    oooooo. could be good :D i've been playing since this afternoon. it's addicting as all hell. PvE content would be sweet, though. On the other hand, the PvP is what i'm hooked on. it's weird playing a browser game against other people. like, my aqworlds char has some cool gear but all you really do is kill lame AI mobs to grind. it's not very interesting. kind of boring, actually. the duels are different every time with this game, although sometimes i feel like my build for my bounty hunter is pretty terrible.

oh well, still REALLY fun game. i've been looking for a decent free mmo for a while. i played mibonogi and a few others but this is already way up on the list compared to them.

btw, i joined your forums. i'm dapperdanman (obviously, lol)

pvp, do you have an IGN?

8. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Nice screenshots:D. I love that its PvP and not text in a browser. i will try it!

9. pvPlease

pvPlease Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Thanks,

For anyone interested, my IGN is Titan, hope to see you online soon. :)

10. Codaka

Codaka Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Great game

An addicting pvp extravaganza! 3 classes to chose from with 11 skills per class to customize your character according to your style of play. No need to reroll if you mess your character up. All you have to do is find the trainer, pay a little in game money and you can respec. I cant stop playing!

My ingame name: Codaka

11. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    Why is it I think Dapper, Codaka and pvPlease are the same person?

Oh well who am I to judge.

An interesting game, though it looks exactly like AQ, the PvP aspect means I want to try it. I'll have a go tonight.

12. Codaka

Codaka Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Stand up

I am me, and thats all i can be :eek:. A big new upgrade comming within 2 weeks vastily extending game play!

13. TechKnee

TechKnee Ogre Newling

Credit:
    epicduel unbalanced

All over the epicduel forums players complain about how this game is unbalanced. There is less then 700-1000 players online at anyone given time. This game generated alot of interest when it first came out, then died. Here's a quote from the epicduel forums

There's hardly any elite players, alpha players are rare, and the game is barely holding on to founders.

True sometimes more players log in when there's an update, otherwise the amount of online players remain low.

There is no blood in this game. AE stipulated that this was not acceptable by AE standards, so blood was taken out.

Varium user at level 25 has the same amount of stat points (through varium weapons and armor) as a level 30 free player.

The online amount of players speaks for itself. Low interest in this game. The main players online as always is varium users. This games is a varium user friendly game. Not for free players.

Everytime I click on a freeplayers stats, there wins are low, there loses huge.

The game is unbalanced. The number of online players backs me up on this one. Not only that, the gameplay itself (turn by turn) is uninspiring at best. Imagine the person who gets to hit first and gets a critical against their opponent.

Good luck to anyone wishing to join this game. I suggest you play as a varium user if you want to win.

Varium can give as much as 50-60 stat points through weapons and armor alone. Every player gets 4 stat points when you level up. Free players can get as much as 8-10 stat points through weapons and armor alone. How is this game epic. The only reason this game is still online is the new free players that make up the bulk of the game logging in so varium users can add another easy win against their opponant.

If your wondering who this guy is ... hes a moderator on the epicduel forums ... what does that tell you:eek:

Make the game balanced. This game is failing to keep it's current members. Theres not many. This game is in beta? How so when the game came out in march last year? Pretty long beta.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
  14. TechKnee

TechKnee Ogre Newling

Credit:
    ScareCrow's

Why is it I think Dapper, Codaka and pvPlease are the same person?

I think this is the same guy that spammed the review 10 times on here for epicduel giving the game a 10. If you look at all the first 10 posts in the review section for this game, it's not hard to tell.

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    To put an end to anymore guessing about identities since it is speculation, Dapperdan and PvPplease do have the same IP. However, Codaka does not.

As far as reviews go, the first two have similar IPs but not identical. The rest are different besides you and PerfectWorld:). That said, continue to discuss the game (not identities here) here in this forum thread instead of the Review Directory. We usually only allow two reviews per person per game. Three are allowed on occasion, but not too often.

16. seifsalah

seifsalah Big Brute

Credit:
    umm epicduel gaming way not so good i don't think epic duel is that good beacuse of the varuim thing all battle on games requires real money to become fun such as adventure quest and dragon fable mech quest and warp force and also if you buy gurdian,dragon amluet,star captain you at any of these games you can unlock a very nice game called hero smash