1. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Have you built anything with Petrified Oak Slab?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Snowy, May 4, 2021.

1. In case you didn't know, there's an item in the game known as Petrified Oak Slab. It's actually been in the game since slabs were introduced, but was renamed to petrified oak slab since it acts like stone slabs. It's different from the other oak slab (which can be destroyed with a regular axe).

As far as I know, you can only get this in creative mode, or through commands/command blocks or NBTEdit, but it's very useful for building things with a wooden texture. For instance, petrified oak slab is fire resistant, has a higher blast resistance than regular oak slab, and can be destroyed with a pickaxe (which is a very common tool in the game). For people that play on creative, wooden slabs might just be better than wooden planks for those reasons.

I kind of like Petrified Oak Slab, because I don't have to worry about fire burning down a house if I create a wooden building or worry about a creeper creating more damage to a building. I just think it's unfortunate that there's no way to craft them in the game; they should definitely be available in survival.