1. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Ready For Capstones?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by choppagames, Dec 14, 2020.

1. choppagames

choppagames Guest

Credit:
    Overview for those who do not know:
    Capstones are a new item that are currently being tested in the PTR and are slated to be released with the next big update! They are essentially a form of currency you will get for continued leveling past the current level cap. Instead of just saying maxed the bar will continue to fill with experience until reaching what would be an additional level at this point you will receive a 'capstone'

Why Should You Be Excited!?
    Depending on what is available to be purchased with capstones (currently it seems at least one full cosmetic set is being released for purchase with them) they will add an actual form of end game that AQ3D is desperately lacking. Hopefully in the future when things are more hashed out there will be other things to spend cap stones on rather than just another cosmetic set, but even then it will be a sort of status symbol that you grinded however much experience to get that set. I think that they will be a great addition to the game and I am very excited to get to farming them.

2. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I am ready for capstones. It is a shame that once I hit max level I am almost penalized with a lack of progress. It is exciting to think that I can could be earning something instead of hitting my head on the lvl cap ceiling. 1st world problems...... I know a lot of players wish they could hit the lvl cap but once you do it then you have nothing else to strive for. I watched GoldRaven's video on capstones and it was pretty interesting. It seems like it could be a grind but something to be done more like a daily. Right now the only things I do on a regular basis are Daily Boss Battle, Aria's Pet Feed Quest and Frogzard helm. I was going for the Tasty Whale Pop until Frostval came and the fishing hole dried up.

3. Corom

Credit:
    I really like the new daily tasks. The first day I finished some of the tasks but the second day I finished all of them.
    They involve killing mobs close to your lvl. I am lvl 31 and I find that any mob that is lvl 26 or more will qualify. By completing a scaled dungeon you can meet most of these requirements. Use a consumable, use chat, craft an item, buy something from a shop and fish and you're done. Hopefully I can get it down and get as many birds with one stone as possible.

4. Nihilist

Nihilist Elite Ogre Royal Ogre

Credit:
    So far obtaining capstones isn’t bad , though I’ll hold on to mine until a better set or items are implemented! Good luck to you all !

Corom likes this.
  5. Corom

Credit:
    Today I finished all tasks by running one scaled dungeon (killing one mob with a separate class), running daily boss battle, crafting an easy item (zardscale boots: one frogzard scale and 50 gold), buying an item (some armor for 80 gold), using a health potion, talking in chat and fishing 30 fish. It took about a half hour in total. Easier than I thought.

6. Corom

Credit:
    Wise decision. I think I will do the same thing. Who knows what new items they might release in the future? I think that a great idea would be to make more in-game items available for purchase with capstones instead of gold/crafting items, etc. The devs could put whatever limitations on this that they want. It would make doing daily tasks more like the daily boss battle. They could put up a whole new crafting menu, like Cysero's daily boss crafting.

7. I'd rather not collect anymore daily boss trophies; it's already repetitive doing that for about two years or so now. Not sure about capstones, but it seems like you can get those from "leveling up", so that might just be something worth doing casually. Takes maybe about a week to "level up" just from doing dailies for ~20 minutes everyday.

8. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    Im not ready to this. It is very difficult to get the items one by one and the whole set is very, very difficult.

9. Corom

Credit:
    Who's ready for Sandsea Capstones? What a crock........

10. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I can’t wait but I am upset that we can’t convert said stones to said stones at a lower rate as I have almost 5000 capstones for that useless ugly armor haha.

11. I think it's ridiculous, if they have to make capstones for different categories. Just put it all in one single category and make it simpler. But fortunate for me, I haven't wasted time farming for capstones; I just have no interest in leveling up a bunch of times just for capstones when I'm already at the max level.

12. KingMyth

KingMyth Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    it takes a long time to get the items and they're still not that pretty