1. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

WoWp bug and the answer I got

Discussion in 'World of Warplanes' started by Aaddron, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    After a long back and forth WoWP devs blamed a bug I'm having on Windows x.x First they blamed Windows 8.1 preview... saying going back to Windows 8 might fix it. So needing to re install Windows anyways I dropped back to Windows 8... same problem, after telling them that they closed the bug and told me to contact Microsoft Support lol.

To be fair they were pretty good about the whole process and did request if I get any information from Microsoft support to contact them again but really?!?! Microsoft support is not going to help me with a third party application, especially when it's the only third party application having an issue.

Gist of the bug is the games screen resolution is reset every time I start the game on my external but set as primary and only monitor. WoWp is the only game I have with this problem.

OK /rant lol

2. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    Hm, just out of curiosity, when you were getting the answers from support, did the same guy answer to you every time, or the guy that answered changed with every answer?

3. Aaddron

Credit:
    It was two different people, sometimes one would respond and sometimes the other would... they said we a few teams suggesting they are a team and on the same page. Overall I was pretty happy with them, pretty competent and didn't feel like "just for show" support but the final answer is kinda ridiculous.

I'm sure if I can ever figure out who to contact at Windows Support they will be like "We don't support 3rd party applications. If you have a problem you should contact their support."

4. El Monstro De Galleta

El Monstro De Galleta Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Was the bug the game not loading? I get that sometimes.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Nope, screen resolution not saving.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Aaaand now I've got another graphical setting bug. After installing my graphics drivers my screen was off center, using the screens auto adjust worked fine until I plugged something else in ... which then would be off center the other way because of the correction lol

So it was recommend to use AMD Catalyst to fix this... which has done the job well, no issues with any games either including WoT... except no one told WoWp and now it's in it's own little world and off centered. D:

I reported two other bug both of which I was told "We have all the information we need, it just takes time to get fixes out"... which I'm thinking guys umm you do maybe possibly realize the game is releasing NEXT WEEK!?! Why hold back bug fixes during the beta... it makes no sense.

Ok /rant 2

7. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    Well, patch 0.5.3 is coming out any day now, and one of the features of it is significant optimization of the graphics, so hopefully they got the bugs out, if not, they'll have a week to get rid of the most annoying ones. Yes, the game is being released way too soon

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Ok will check it out again when 0.5.3 drops.

9. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Hawx1990SRBIJA Iron Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    If they dont fix game crashing in 0.5.3 it will be the humongous game minus. Many people will not want to play it because of that.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
    I've been surprised that I haven't had a single crash or freeze yet.

11. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    It might be cause of the OS you're using, I've noticed most of us crashers are using XP, which can't handle so much RAM as 8 can

12. Aaddron

Credit:
    Sounds legit, the graphical bugs are the trade off though... if WoWp support is to be believed lol.

13. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    That's a very big IF you've got there xD

14. Aaddron

Credit:
    Surprisingly update 0.5.3 seems to have fixed my bug. However it proves it wasn't Windows fault after all... which also proves they had no idea what they were talking about lol. O well just glad it's fixed. :)

15. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    Update 0.5.3 ruined my day. I started downloading it at 6pm local time, and my internet connection is fast enough to download it in 2 hours time. The download took 10 hours, and installation? "Not enough space on disk C (you know, the one where your windows is installed, which is not meant for games or applications, you got disk E for that), please make room on disk C (which you're very unlikely to pull off without erasing windows itself). Have a great day" . Ok so maybe it's not an exact quote, but it's the point of why I'm sort of furious right about now...

16. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Credit:
    Update is crap, more bugs, and more. Instead less bugs and less.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
    They still haven't fixed the bug causing the game to not open via the launcher sometimes lol. Sent a bug report a few weeks ago and it was promptly closed saying they have enough information and it would be fixed... *facepalm*

This is a pretty big bug... it's not something they should be putting off, if the game doesn't open every single time without issue and they start telling people they can create a shortcut to the .exe as a "solution"... they will stop reading and just uninstall.

18. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Credit:
    There are much more serious bugs in game at this moment, which will cause more uninstalments that that little bug. XD

19. Aaddron

Credit:
    But but if you can't launch the game then you'll never encounter the other bugs ^^ I guess at least now that they delayed the game they have a decent amount of time to bug fix.

20. Hawx1990SRBIJA

Credit:
    What a faith in humanity of WG, its over 9000! XD