1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    With the redstone 1 update, continuum performance seems improved a bit. Had a nice time using it this time around, my biggest issue by far is the lack of multitasking in terms of multiple apps on screen at once. So far you can only have one visible at a time... which is kinda strange considering a staple since Win7 has been the window snap for two windows side by side. I'm not sure it's a hardware issue either because apps seem to be able to continue running in the background without issue. Hopefully it's something that will change in the future.

Something I've read recently on the app gap is it sound like HP is gonna market continuum with Virtual Apps filling the gap left by ARM. This is an interesting idea and if it works fine could be just what it needs to be feasible for companies to use. It wont help the consumer market though :/

Another interesting note is HP was pushing for an x86 processor but Intel flat out told them they did not have one... I guess Intel was being serious when it said it was stopping it's ventures into mobile processors. I think that was very stupid too as we are almost to a use case where it would actually be preferred and they did have solid processors already... as seen in a few x86 intel Android phones. It could of been a definitive way for them to get some mobile traction without any competition. They'll have to return at some point so I guess we'll see in the long run, unless maybe AMD steps up and fill the shoes first.

Dunno, tech moves so fast. I guess we'll find out if the Surface Phone ever happens... it will have to be x86, has too. They aren't gonna stain the Surface brand with another RT debacle. AMD was hyping they had 3 or so devices in the next year that people will say "that runs AMD?" One of which might be Nintendo NX but maybe another will be the rumored Surface Phone... makes sense if Intel really doesn't have anything.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. CarolusRex

CarolusRex MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    What do you think, will legendary pokemons be available in Pokemon GO? There are some speculations about Mewtwo and legendary birds. It seams that team with most gyms will get legendary pokemon(Articuno for Mystic, Zapdos for Instict and Moltres for Valor).
    Some also think that to get Mewtwo you either have to catch all of other pokemon or there will be an event where all pokemon trainers work together to defeat Mewtwo like in trailer.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :) Not sure, not been following the game very closely. It would make sense that legendaries be rare or maybe they will be tied to events or something like that.

5. CarolusRex

Credit:
    Watched 2 episodes of CSI:Cyber, I think season 2 episodes 12 and 13. Really good show, I watched first season and half of season two last year and I saw there is more episodes in season 2 so i checked it. If you are interested in progamming or in just regular crime go check it out. :)

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. CarolusRex

Credit:
    Watched some MMA and UFC highlights and knockouts. Some serious knockouts, also some illegal ones. One dude knocked out his opponent and than he jumped on his face. I think he got DSQed and this poor guy was bleeding rly hard. :/
    Btw: Is it only me posting here or? xD

8. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Finally purchased new hard disk, i chose 120gb SSD instead of 500gb HDD, difference is huge, am also planing to purchase one more HDD in near future and replace it with my DVD drive.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Big Windows Update will start rolling out on August 2nd for those on Windows 10. It will bring a lot of new features and fixes. It's been code named Redstone One after Minecraft Redstone. It's official name is Anniversary Update. Keep an eye out for it if your on Windows 10. If you join the Windows Insider Program you can get what should be the official build today!

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. CarolusRex

Credit:
    Today was pretty chill day, playing some games and going outside... We had water baloons war as well, it was pretty awesome xD

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    So a bit of a rant...

Something like two years ago I typed a word (it's actually more but I use the one specific word to check) into my cheap Windows tablet I don't usually type, the on screen keyboard remembered it... an to this day I haven't been able to remove it. Frankly it's pretty ridiculous, I mean it's not all that important I remove it but it's more what if, what if what it remembered was a password or something like that? So it became my mission to remove it... to if nothing else find out if it can be done. Well it can't. Not only has it proven impossible, the word has followed me onto my new Windows PC last year, a newer Windows Tablet... my various cheap Lumia's (windows phones)... I mean it's kinda silly really. It will not die.

I've done extensive research into every last clear I can do on my PC, my Microsoft Account and every other thing tied to it like Cortana. I've clear it all, dozens of times. Sometimes it finally goes away... sometimes it has no effect. It ALWAYS comes back though... always. I'm not sure what triggers it's return when the miracle of removal comes about randomly but it does.

That's not even the worst part though. After extensive testing I finally got to the point well obviously it's coming with my Microsoft Account... it's the only thing identifying me to Microsoft on my PC and the only common denominator with the tablets and phones. OK so test time, I literally reformatted the tablet, I even used the extra scrub feature. I go through the Windows setup feature, I skip adding an account, heck I skipped even connecting to the internet!... I log in as a local user and... it still remembers the word!?! How is that even possible? I have no bloody idea.

That's not even the worst part though... So OK now I'm thinking what the heck, is it possible I'm wrong and this word is just default in Windows? Well I grab someone else's PC and check, an nope! It's no where to be found so I'm left with even with reinstall and it's recommend scrub (if selling the device) an no internet! It's somehow not only remembers something I typed, it's showing it to whoever would get the device next! This is an insanely bad security risk.

The only saving grace here is it's possible as a tablet since I had to use the recovery media on drive that somehow it transferred the dictionary or whatever it remembering what I typed into the core of Windows so that was saved from the scrubbing an if one were to use a freshly downloaded version of Windows and completely wipe the drive that it'd be OK.

*that is no excuse though, I will note Windows during the reset recommended the scrub and said this is exactly what I should do if the device is leaving my possession*

However that still leaves me with apparently you need to watch what you type in Windows 10... the bugger never forgets and if you ever plan to sell your device might not be a bad idea just to replace the entire HDD or if not removable make sure you check the on screen keyboards text suggestions that it didn't log stuff you typed. Also keep in mind it WILL transfer to ANY Windows device you log in too, with out fail.

The only "solution" I've found so far is turning off text suggestions... doesn't fix the security issue but hides the problem if the text suggestions are sensitive.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Finally we will have rain free days, so i decided to place my pool outside so i can somehow survive this rly hot weather. I know that it need 2 days to get water nice and worm, but it will be worth w8ing for that

16. CarolusRex

Credit:
    I was mostly outside today, it was raining so it wasn't hot. Really nice day if I can say so. I think I will as well put my pool outside when rain stops.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. CarolusRex

Credit:
    Finnaly had time to update my playlist, added few songs, so if you are interested in metal music and you want to listen to some of good bands PM me and I'll reply asap. :)

19. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    We finally got enough ppl for football and basket call, spent all afternoon playing those two after long time, i feel awesome after that

20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :) Thanks guys :)