1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Sony remains silent, looks like that route is going no where. O well. They really suck.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti launched today, they are the best no-6pin GPU's yet. They've kinda exposed the Rx 460 as pretty underwhelming an kinda puts AMD is a tough spot. Polaris was suppose to be the start of AMD's turn around, this lineup is all new tech but it's kinda off to a rough start... Rx 480 availability has been slim so prices have gone way up... putting it more in line with the GTX 1060 6GB. Which is not a good place to be, they are pretty even on performance but Nvidia has the mindshare so without a clear advantage it's kinda stuck.

Rx 470 is really close to the Rx 480, which is weird. It's availability has been somewhat limited too. If it was MSRP it'd be very good lower cost option to the GTX 1060... but because of it not being MSRP... again it drifts too high an doesn't offer much advantages over the GTX 1060 3GB or 6GB. It is by far AMD best positioned card though, if the prices come down it's by far the best performance for price on the market.

Rx 460 is just plain weak. It was struggling to even beat the GTX 950... naturally it can't beat the 1050 either. 1050 Ti only makes the gap worse. They really screwed up here. They've honestly missed the mark across the board an that's not good when their high end cards are still a ways off an the whole plan was to focus on the budget market until then.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Pistons start the season 0-1. They were super rusty, refs did not help... way too many whistles all around, the flow of the game was so bad. Disappointing start but optimistic especially once they get their PG back. Picking up a 1050 Ti on the cheap thanks to EVGA step up program, we'll see how it all goes but it's a heck of a deal... really cool program.

Still no news on Sony...

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Got my old card off in the mail for the step up program, new one should be coming in a couple weeks. Pretty sweet! Pistons home opener tomorrow, should in theory be an easier game... hoping they can rebound to 1-1. Sony remains silent still, who knows if they'll ever even bother. Such a crappy company... it's so ridiculous.

Nintendo announced the next big info release for Nintendo Switch will be an Event on January 12. Dunno if it's been confirmed but if not it's largely speculated they will be revealing the price an release date at that event. It's also been re-confirmed Switch is planned to be released March 2017.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Pistons turned it around for game 2, they are now 1-1. The other team really isn't all that great an had a really off night so I can't put too much stock into this game but they definitely looked better all around.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I was working whole day, and then when i wanted to watch videos on youtube, or check mail, i couldnt because here is Serbia, they have some "problems", FB didnt work at 1st, but i guess that they fix it. Fixed worst of those 3 -.-

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    Pistons take game 3, it was another "easy" team though. They play well so that's good, things are looking up after that disaster first game. Still no response from Sony... I'm gonna assume if one doesn't come next week they aren't gonna reply. It's pretty ridiculous this is still an issue.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Note to self making 210 mithril daggers is a waste of time, took like 7 hours all told for a net of only 11k bonus or something like that. Huge amount of work for very little xp an reward. It needs a rework bad... that was just nuts.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Sony responded again just to say they stand by their original statement. They offered no help, they claim I'm either lying or Paypal lost the refund. However they refuse to provide any proof of the refund, they've given me nothing I can take to Paypal so they can look into where it went. It's literally never touched my account so if Paypal did somehow screw up it was so bad the refund was rerouted from the start. This seems very unlikely.

Again though I have no way to check because Sony wont give me any information on the transaction. It's hilarious they claim no fault an blame Paypal but when I ask for information Paypal needs they wont give it. I'm currently in a dispute with the BBB... which has gotten me higher level support, however that's only gotten a grand two of two sentences out of them lol. At this point my complaint has reached final offer so I'm not sure what happens next.

Mind you all of this is over fraudulent charges that weren't even made by me. It's unbelievable how bad this company is.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Animal Crossing New Leaf got it's big update yesterday. Couple huge new features an a bunch of small quality of life fixes. Overall a great update! My only fear is this update was done because the next game is still a long ways off. It's not hard to imagine it is either as what could be Splatoon 2 was featured in the Nintendo Switch reveal. Splatoon is from the same team that does AC.

My bet is they want to maintain Splatoon's momentum an AC hasn't really done as well on consoles as it has handhelds anyways. While Switch is a mix of the two if it's price is high then it will still be a lot more a console market than a handheld. They also hinted the handheld line might not be dead... honestly I think they are hedging their bets, Switch is super successful a 3DS successor gets put on hold... Switch bombs an they'll bring up a 3DS successor probably two years from now.

Pokemon wont be launch title for Switch either unless they port Sun/Moon but I could see them holding onto Pokemon an AC until they know how Switch is going, both could be a great 2nd year one two punch. If Switch fails they'd be equally great as launch titles for a 3DS successor in a few years.

/Speculation

20. Aaddron

Credit: