1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Aaddron

Credit:
    One thing I'm hating about my Nintendo consoles... and I guess it's really true about all consoles, it just seems more prevalent on Nintendo's. Games going out of print and then prices skyrocketing! It's really really annoying and in some cases kinda confusing. I mean I understand niche JRPG or something doing limited runs but even some of the bigger Nintendo games are out of print, why would they do that... some of them have sold millions of copies, it's not like they weren't selling.

It can happen without warning too, one day the game is in stock everywhere and the next you can't buy it in any stores. Of course when this happens people rush out and buy up every copy to resale online for more, making matters even worse. I don't understand why Nintendo and other publishers do this, all it does is hurt gamers. Before eShop this was especially bad as these ridiculous prices were the only way to access some games.

It's annoying if you want a physical copy you may have to just buy it as otherwise you may never get another chance at a reasonable price. Or have to wait a long time for the prices on ebay an the like to come down.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Had another successful run in with Microsoft Support, they got it fixed up in no time. Quick and easy. Sony meanwhile still has not refunded me a fraudulent charge going on 5 months now... I continue to try. :/ They've been really terrible to me through this whole process. :(

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    End of the year, 2017 tomorrow... wow. Time really flies. Only three years to 2020 which seemed so far away all them years ago.

2017 will bring big things in gaming, March we should see the launch of Nintendo Switch and end of 2017 may bring Xbox Scorpio. On the PC front 2017 will bring AMD Ryzen processors and Vega graphics likely using HBM2 memory. Nvidia will launch Volta graphics, likely also using HBM2 memory. Exciting times.

Games wise some of the 2017 or possible 2017 release I have my eye on are:

Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Persona 5
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Spider-Man
    Detroit: Become Human
    Mass Effect: Andromeda
    Shenmue III
    Halo Wars 2
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Scalebound
    Yooka-Laylee
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Animal Crossing Mobile
    Animal Crossing Switch (fingers crossed)

Sadly a good number of these are PS4 exclusives and I won't be able to play them but they all seem to have pretty potential. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Sony continues to be a complete scam company. Latest response is more of the same, they have no interest in facts... it's we are right, you are wrong... deal with it. I'm not sure how much longer BBB will let me push the case or what will happen after but I'm gonna keep trying. I'm so disappointed with Sony. It's really horrible how they've handled this... especially given it wasn't my fault in the first place.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    My case with Playstation has closed, it went no where... waste of two months. I don't see anywhere else to go, looking like they win. I can't really take legal action either as it'd cost more than it's worth. Really really sucks.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    Played a bit of Gears of War 4 on my PC thanks to Xbox Anywhere. They did a really good job with the PC version on the technical side, it's very well optimized and even with my rather modest GPU the game runs really well. It looks really good too. Enjoying the game so far but for such a high profile game I'd say they didn't do as good of job as they could have with game design. It's not terrible by any means but it's not quite hitting the notes it should gameplay wise.

Windows 10 Store is a bit of a mix bag and the new format that replaces .exe is kinda weird... but I really gotta hand it to Windows. The new format opens and closes ridiculously fast. I really really like that it's as simple as click the icon and the game literally starts instantly. Quit game closes the game equally as fast, no delays at all which is strangely satisfying.

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. my name is unique

my name is unique Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Good for you.I have short delays like 2 or 3 second.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Tomorrow is the big press conference for Nintendo Switch, sounds like it'll be a good one with a lot said about the console... which make sense given its March release target. Hoping for release date, price, specs that matter like battery life, launch lineup and general details about the interface, account system etc.

Hardware and Software factors can make it slower.

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Finished up Gears of War 4. Don't like the ending. Was visually a great game, the gameplay could have used more variety though. Also feel like they may have stretched it out a little too far in terms of too much filler content. Overall it was worth $30 I paid for it so I'm happy, don't think it'd be worth $60 though. Also I played through it almost entirely on PC, I tried to go back to Xbox but the 60FPS on PC was soooo much better... 30FPS on consoles usually doesn't bother me, I'm not sure if Gears is just particularly bad on Xbox or if it was just because I tried it back to back which exaggerated the effect. Whatever the reason the 60FPS was worth it.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Holidays are finished,I started going to school again,and after it as always I played 2 rounds of swat 4 :)

20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Thanks for participating. Points sent :)