1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Nintendo Switch press conference was last week, been collecting information ever since. They answer some questions but really we still have many unanswered. Launch lineup is extremely weak but at least anchored by Zelda. First year is looking solid but quite a wait between games. The promised third party is still mostly just that, promises... not many are actually confirmed and dated yet. One of the biggest sticking points is online play will now require a fee but worse they haven't said how much and it's unclear they will say before launch. Why? I have no clue.

We've got basically 6 weeks to launch, Nintendo needs to get going already on releasing information. I can kinda understand why they held back for so long but how much longer will they wait. Starting to look like incompetence.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Still very conflicted on Switch pre-order. On one hand it's the most powerful gaming handheld ever created but on the other I can just buy Zelda on Wii U and not miss anything until at least Splatoon 2 in Summer or Mario in the Holiday season... at which point Switch might even come with a game or depending how it sells could even have a small price drop. Could also just wait for a potential Animal Crossing bundle whenever that happens.

Also have the issue of Nintendo loves to make it's little improvements, next year already we could see a new model. I absolutely hate this about Nintendo, it's such a stupid thing. I'm fine with small improvements but things like New 3ds just screw over early adopters. If Nintendo follows the console ideas then it should be fine but if they play the same old handheld game... idk that'd really suck.

To me I think Switch is good enough on it's own that I wouldn't worry a ton about possible revisions... my only fear would be them pulling the more powerful crap again but otherwise I wouldn't care about lighter or little better battery etc.

I don't know, need more info. Hopefully Nintendo will reveal more before launch, I really don't wanna go in blind.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Will be no Netflix and other streaming services on Switch at launch. A large part of the online services are coming at a later date too. USB HDD won't be supported at launch... possibly never. Things like these make the console seem unfinished, which is strange because it sounded like it was originally suppose to hit Holiday 2016. Nintendo still has a couple weeks to clear the air... or not, we'll just have to wait an see.

6. Aaddron

Credit:
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    Got Watch Dogs 2 for free from Nvidia, it's a bit over the top for me but it's pretty fun. I don't like all the stealth stuff but the hacking is really neat. The world seems amazing too, can't wait to explore it more.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm surprised many people still don't know the Wii U isn't an add-on to Wii. I seen a discussion with supposed Nintendo fans and even some of them had no clue... how a Nintendo fan can't know this? I have no idea. I guess I can understand the average consumer not figuring it out... though even then basically two seconds of research would tell you the truth. It's sad, I really can't believe people have struggled with something so simple.

In other new Falcons vs. Patriots for the Superbowl.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
  11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Counting down the days to Switch launch. I'm mostly sold but still have some reserves. Hoping Nintendo gives us more info before launch, thankfully through a slow but steady stream of interviews and leaks we are slowing getting the info we need.

12. Aaddron

Credit:
  13. Aaddron

Credit:
    Interesting rumor going around that eventually the Switch might get a 4k dock, basically the dock would be it's own hardware so when docked you'd have a more powerful console. Honestly this seems kinda unlikely and it doesn't seem very Nintendo like. I'm leaning towards false on this one.

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Breath of the Wild will be the final first party game on Wii U, it's sad they are ending it so soon especially when this past year was so bad release wise... least it gets one parting gift. Though apparently they removed the Gamepad integration... it seems likely it was done so it wouldn't have any features over the Switch version. They claim it's because looking down at the second screen is too distracting but uhhh you guys designed a whole console around a second screen and just now you find it too distracting to bother? Yea I don't buy that for a second.

It's pretty scummy of Nintendo but honestly as much as I like Nintendo they are not the most consumer friendly. In fact they show some of the most greed and anti consumer practices in the entire industry. It kinda sucks but no one else competes in the handheld market and they make some of the best games around so... what can you do?

16. Aaddron

Credit:
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Crazy bad end of the week but capped off with an amazing 24 hour race. Was taxing to say the least. I'm a huge racing fan, I love the IMSA series in particular. They race rain or shine, during the day and into the night. It's fun to watch. This years was particularly good, it rained pretty good almost all night which made for interesting racing. Sadly it got so bad at points they had to run under caution for stretches but they really tried to get as much racing as possible in without compromising safety.

The craziest part of 24 hour racing is that fact they can run for 24 hours straight and at the end still be within seconds of each other, it was tight all the way to the finish.

18. Aaddron

Credit:
  19. Aaddron

Credit:
    Spent some time today with a game under NDA. Really impressed with the progress they have made, it's really shaping up to being a great release. Another game I've been playing is Final Fantasy 15, dunno why I haven't played it much since I picked it up but really enjoying it now. I kinda feel like the storytelling has been weak so far, least compared to other games... especially Final Fantasy games but I'm liking the world so far and some of the gameplay is pretty unique. That said, the game has some serious quirks... some really odd, very Japanese design decisions lol but so far haven't ruined it... more give it character.

We'll see how the game plays out but thumbs up so far.

20. Aaddron

Credit: