1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by ogreman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. "People are ridiculous only when they try or seem to be that which they are not." - Leopardi

2. "Do not trust your memory; it is a net full of holes; the most beautiful prizes slip through it." - Duhamel

3. "When a truth is necessary, the reason for it can be found by analysis, that is, by resolving it into simpler ideas and truths until the primary ones are reached." - Leibniz

4. "The camera is my tool. Through it I give a reason to everything around me." - Kertesz

5. "Be wise with speed; a fool at forty is a fool indeed." - Young

6. "Moonlight is sculpture." - Hawthorne

7. "Medicine is the means by which we poor feeble creatures try to keep from dying or aching." - Barnum

8. "History is, in its essentials, the science of change. It knows and it teaches that it is impossible to find two events that are ever exactly alike, because the conditions from which they spring are never identical." - Bloch

9. "Life is much shorter than I imagined it to be." - Cahan

10. "Competition is a sin." - Rockefeller

11. "Look at life with the eyes of a child." - Kollwitz

12. "I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels." - Calvin

13. "If other people are going to talk, conversation becomes impossible." - Whistler

14. "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Thoreau

15. "If life had a second edition, how I would correct the proofs." - Clare

16. "The truth only irritates those it enlightens, but does not convert." - Quesnel

17. "Without a knowledge of mythology much of the elegant literature of our own language cannot be understood and appreciated." - Bulfinch

18. "A mere copier of nature can never produce anything great." - Reynolds

19. "Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech." - Tupper

20. "If I live for another ten years I shall probably have written all that I want to write." - Housman