1. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Triple Triad forum dupes - please ignore

Discussion in 'Triple Triad' started by vyeh, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoodieninja

Hoodieninja DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
  2. markoni28

markoni28 Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
  3. Jax12

Jax12 BamBam

Credit:
    Surprise im black!

4. Jax12

Jax12 BamBam

Credit:
    Im nigguh yeah

5. shaki997

shaki997 MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
  6. Jax12

Jax12 BamBam

Credit:
    Teemoo :xd please

7. shaki997

shaki997 MMORPG Addict Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Ban Urgot,Yorick,Galio and Temmo

8. psyduckop

psyduckop Brute New Ogre

Credit:
  9. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It’s a small world: 1/6 scale to be exact
    It?s a small world: 1/6 scale to be exact | Firebase Challenger | World of Tanks

Armortek

I was recently fortunate enough to get invited to the factory of Armortek, tucked away in a beautiful part of the Devon countryside.
    [​IMG]
    Who are they?

Well, any serious modeller would have heard of them, they are, in my opinion, the Rolls Royce of the modelling world. Their reputation for quality, reliability and attention to detail is second to none.

Exclusivity is their middle name: limited numbers (around 30 to 50) of each model are produced, each with a unique serial number. Quality not quantity - this is proven by the sheer fact that 70% of their customers become repeat customers and they ship worldwide.

Remarkably, it’s a two man show, well, two people - Mark and his wife Gill. Mark is the genius behind the research, development and ultimate build. He uses the latest in full three-dimension modelling and software using mainly aluminium alloys in the manufacture. But the mechanical parts (shafts, axles etc.) are machined from steel. Sheet metal parts are all laser cut from steel or aluminium.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This (left) becomes this (right).

The design process is fascinating from the initial ideas, which usually come from customers, to the research which is all conducted using actual vehicles. Mark refuses to use existing documented measurements or research as he simply does not believe it all to be 100% accurate - many details are often contradictory. A prime example of this is their Tiger 1 model (the company’s best-seller) which was built based on the Tiger 1 at Bovington Tank Museum (UK) for the early and mid-production models. In the case of the later model, they built it based on the Tiger 1 in the Musee des Blindes in Saumur, France.

(Below) Mark –The creative genius.
    [​IMG]
    As a rule of thumb, Mark works on a time frame of 6 weeks for design and prototype and then 4 months for manufacture. This means that the total number of vehicles produced in a year is roughly two and a bit!

(Below) Now that’s attention to detail.
    [​IMG]
    The manufacturing machinery they use is all state-of-the-art, including multi-axis turning machines and machining centres that are all computer controlled.
    [​IMG] , [​IMG]

The MKIV (above), complete with 5000 rivets, was commissioned for the Bovington Tank Museum’s new “Warhorse to Horsepower†exhibition.

On the day of my visit, the final museum model was painted by World of Tanks player Paul (Pictured below), completed and made ready for delivery.
    [​IMG] , [​IMG]

Every model is available with an “option pack†which truly brings it to life. The motion pack uses industrial control gear and motors to enable the model to move through incredibly rough terrain. The average weight of the tanks is around 170kg and they are powerful enough to pull a 7.5 ton truck.

If you also opt for the special effects packs you also get digitally recorded proportional sound which is about as accurate to the real thing as you will ever get. Add to this the recoil unit and you also get gun sounds and flash.
    [​IMG]
    Foolishly, I was expecting to see a collection comprising every model completed at the factory. The reality was “no†because they all sell well and sell quickly - another indication of both the quality and collectability of these models. In fact, the only model currently in stock is the 25 pounder Field Gun. (Below)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall it was a great day with two of the nicest people I have ever met. Their passion for the business and commitment to accuracy is what makes Armortek the best at what they do.

So what’s next on the production run?

In all seriousness, Mark has no idea. “It all depends on what the customer wants†– he said.

So to finish with a question for all World of Tanks players - what would you like to see them build?
    Armortek 1/6th Scale New Model Kit Release

10. molnyi

molnyi Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Agreed with GrimReaper too LOL :)

11. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  12. De4dsh0t

De4dsh0t Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    [​IMG]

The PC version of Watch Dogs is now available for pre-order on Steam. The game's product page now also features the game's minimum and recommended system specs. Since the game is close to its May 27 release date, we can assume that this are the final requirements. check them out below.

Minimum

OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM – Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770
    DirectX: Version 11
    Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
    Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Recommended

OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
    Processor: Eight core – Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM – Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850
    DirectX: Version 11
    Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
    Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200
    In addition, Ubisoft has released two new screenshots showing off the game's inventory interface, check them out below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. molnyi

molnyi Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I think best is ac 3, but black flag is also nice :)

14. Licvidator97

Licvidator97 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    What say for new twitch

:d :d is so op :d :d :d

15. Licvidator97

Licvidator97 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
  16. molnyi

molnyi Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I think, Roccat kave :) I have them and they are so nice ^^

17. Phantom

Phantom Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    if you are bronze ban Jax, Leona and Teemo

18. Phantom

Phantom Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Wukong or Nidalee

19. Gamer4Life

Gamer4Life Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hi everyone I'm new, if you can explain to me how this works I made two days ago and do not know anything. I hope you will help me. But do you know the new skins

20. molnyi

molnyi Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Hello everybody. I'm new around here and maybe I posted this in offtopic so I'm sorry about that. My question is - I'm league of legends player and would like to stream on Twitch.tv. My internet is like 1.2mb download on torrents and 70 kb~ upload - is that enough to stream in high quality or what? Hope somebody answers I would much appriciate it :) Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.